Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 4 (about 170g each, 2cm thick)
- salmon fillets
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 x 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded,
- thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 45g (1/4 cup) drained pickled ginger
- 1 green shallot, end trimmed,
- thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 x 100g pkt fried or crunchy noodles (Chang's brand)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 125g (1/2 cup) good-quality
- whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp wasabi paste
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- Place rock salt and lime rind in a mortar and pound with a pestle until finely crushed. Sprinkle salmon with salt mixture.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high. Brush salmon with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To make wasabi dressing, combine the mayo, oil, wasabi and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Place the spinach, avocado, capsicum, onion, ginger, shallot and coriander in a bowl. Add noodles and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with salmon, drizzle with wasabi dressing and season with pepper. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Australian Good Taste - November 2005 , Page 64 Recipe by Carmel Debreuil